- 24/7 at home housing and care
- $9-$12 an hour
This position qualifies as tax-free non-reportable income!
RusMed Consultants, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alternative Family Living Provider (AFL)
- Provides safe and healthy home for housing and care, including food, shelter, clothing, personal items, recreation, training, transportation, family contact and other services as designated in individual's service plan.
- Implements individual skills training as outlined in service plan.
- Implements individual behavior plans (if applicable).
- Writes daily notes about specific information as outlined.
- Provides input to the consultants and the QP about possible training strategies
for new objectives or changes in existing objectives or therapeutic activities.
- Participates in training that will provide better treatment for the individuals being served.
- Participates in in-service training on individual program implementation.
- Takes medication administration course (if applicable).
- Participates in First Aid and CPR training.
- Participates in, NCI
- Participates in orientation.
- Reads and follows agency's Policies and Procedures.
- Reads and follows -all standards.
- Will comply with Corporate Compliance Program policies and procedures.
- Abides by Business Associates Agreement and HIPAA standards.
- Will comply with all Corporate policies and procedures, HIPAA guidelines, DHHS rules, and Medicaid state and federal guidelines
- Mediates between the individuals and the environment assuring that the least restrictive environment is available in order to help the individuals improve their capabilities for independent living.
- Provides a normalizing atmosphere appropriate to the needs of the individuals.
- Provides individuals with a good role model so that their behavior is acceptable in society.
- Ensures consistency between day programming and evening programming.
- Develops activities and situations within the home, which encourages interaction among the individuals.
- Acts as an advocate for the individuals in protection of their legal rights and in assisting them in activities beyond their present level of independence. -
- Provides day-to-day counseling with individuals appropriate to the program plans.
- Assures that individuals have opportunities to participate in community activities.
- Maintains individual confidentiality at all times.
- Assists residents in development of personal care and hygiene habits such as cleanliness, grooming, dressing, etiquette and social relationships.
- Provides or arranges for individuals to and from employment/day program, personal appointments, shopping trips, recreational/leisure activities for individuals and other events.
- Implement recreational/leisure activities for individuals at all appropriate times during the week.
- Become familiar with the purpose of individuals' medications and any side effects or precautions for each drug.
- Assists in the arrangements for visitors to the home and for individuals' visits outside the facility with families and friends.
- Understands dietary needs of the individuals and prepares meals in accordance with the individuals' needs.
- Provides for individual safety in general day-to-day program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains facilities and grounds in a sanitary and presentable condition.
- Maintains an adequate supply of individuals' clothing and personal supplies, food and household supplies.
- Previous experiences in direct care services or related field.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a provider to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the provider is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The provider must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include dose vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment and Environmental Conditions:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a provider encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. No or very limited exposure to physical risk.